I got a sharp stitch in my side after running a couple of miles. You need to stitch the two pieces of fabric together. The women had stitched a beautiful pattern of roses on the blanket.
How can I use make in a sentence?
Make sentence example
- Drowning your sorrows in eggnog will only make you feel worse in the long run. …
- That does make sense. …
- You make a difference. …
- Did you make any real progress? …
- They didn’t make it to the restaurant. …
- It shouldn’t make any difference if he’s adopted. …
- I love to make everybody happy.
What is stitch?
A stitch is a pain in the abdomen (usually on the side) that’s brought on by activity. It can range from sharp or stabbing to mild cramping, aching or pulling, and may involve pain in the shoulder tip too. Often it leaves you with no choice but to slow down or stop.
What are 10 simple sentences?
50 examples of simple sentences
- She doesn’t study German on Monday.
- Does she live in Paris?
- He doesn’t teach math.
- Cats hate water.
- Every child likes an ice cream.
- 6.My brother takes out the trash.
- The course starts next Sunday.
- She swims every morning.
What are the 5 sentences?
- We kept hearing the sound of the garbage truck.
- I knew that I had forgotten to do my homework.
- My mother had also wanted to make an appointment with the pediatrician.
- The weatherman predicted that the day would be filled with sunshine.
- The new anchor kept talking about the election.
What is stitch TikTok?
TikTok’s Stitch feature is made for reaction and response videos. Photo Illustration by Omar Marques/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images. To stitch on TikTok, find a video and tap the Share icon, then select Stitch. Stitching lets you take part of someone else’s TikTok video and use it in your own video.
What is stitch in American?
stitch | American Dictionary
a piece of thread sewn in cloth, or the single movement of a needle and thread into and out of the cloth that produces this: She sewed neat, firm stitches.
What gives you a stitch?
“Stitches are harmless, but can be very painful and no end of theories have arisen about causes and cures for them.” Among the suggested causes are that a stitch arises due to a lack of blood supply to the diaphragm, shallow breathing, gastrointestinal distress or strain on the ligaments around the stomach and liver.
What are the 7 types of sentences?
- Statements (Declarative Sentences) Statements are the most common type of sentence, and we use them to… …
- Questions (Interrogative Sentences) …
- Exclamations (Exclamatory Sentences) …
- Commands (Imperative Sentences)
What is a sentence for kids?
A sentence is a set of words which makes up a complete thought. It achieves this by following a set of grammatical rules to convey a statement, question, exclamation, or command. A sentence starts with a capital letter and ends with a full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
What is a example sentence?
An “example sentence” is a sentence written to demonstrate usage of a particular word in context. An example sentence is invented by its writer to show how to use a particular word properly in writing. … Example sentences are colloquially referred to as ‘usexes’, a blend of use + example.
Which is a simple sentence?
A simple sentence is a sentence that contains a single independent clause. In grammar, a clause is a group of words that contains a subject and a predicate. … A simple sentence contains only a single clause that stands alone and makes grammatical sense.
When to Use Is vs. Are in Sentences
- Mary is excited about her first day of school. (Mary is singular.)
- The dogs are playing in the backyard. (Dogs is plural.)
- Eric’s desk is too tall for him. (Desk is singular.)
- Mrs. Price’s students are noisy in the morning. (Students is plural.)