They cannot do embroidery or needlework. … She began doing embroidery at home. I come to hats, lace and embroidery. He was a manufacturer of embroidery.
How do you use embroidery in a sentence?
Embroidery in a Sentence
- Doing extra embroidery work on the side, the talented seamstress enjoyed doing needlework.
- Yarn and an embroidery needle were used to make a cozy blanket for the newborn.
- The Indian-style embroidery was not only needled by hand, but also strung with sequins.
What is the make sentence of embroidered?
1. An embroidered silk waistcoat contributed to his dandified appearance. 2. She embroidered silver stars on her blue dress.
What are the examples of embroidery?
Embroidery is defined as the art of decorating fabrics using a needle and thread, or cloth that has been embroidered. When you sew your initials into a pillowcase in order to decorate it and make it prettier, this is an example of embroidery. A needlepoint picture of a house is an example of embroidery.
What was the meaning of embroidery?
Definition of embroidery
1a : the art or process of forming decorative designs with hand or machine needlework. b : a design or decoration formed by or as if by embroidery. c : an object decorated with embroidery.
How do you use Retrospect in a sentence?
Retrospect sentence example
- In retrospect , it was a miracle none of us fainted. …
- Of course, she didn’t leap cars with motorcycles or sky dive, but in retrospect , she had always been attracted to danger – at least to some degree. …
- It seems that way, at least in retrospect .
How do you use undulating in a sentence?
Undulating sentence example
- The surface of the department consists of undulating and well-wooded plains, intersected by numerous valleys, and diversified in the north-east by hilly ground which forms a part of the mountain system of the Ardennes. …
- The surface is a slightly undulating plain.
What is the verb for embroidery?
1a : to ornament with needlework. b : to form with needlework. 2 : to elaborate on : embellish embroider a story. intransitive verb. 1 : to make embroidery.
How do you use dictionary in a sentence?
a reference book containing an alphabetical list of words with information about them.
- The word “Impossible” is not in my dictionary.
- A new dictionary was bought for Mary by John.
- He sent her some books, together with a dictionary.
- You’d better look it up in the dictionary.
- That dictionary belongs to the class.
What is the synonym of embroidered?
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for embroidered. bejeweled.
What is the 5 types of embroidery?
Today, on this Beginner’s Guide to Five Types of Embroidery we’ll cover 5 main categories you’re likely to encounter in your exploration of needlework: blackwork, whitework, stumpwork, cross stitch and crewel embroidery.
Where did embroidery come from?
While embroidery is practiced across the world, its origin stems from China and the Near East. Early embroidery can actually be traced back to Cro-Magnon days or 30,000 B.C. Archeological finds from this time period reveals fossilized remains of heavily hand-stitched and decorated clothing.
What is the noun for embroidery?
noun, plural em·broi·der·ies. the art of working raised and ornamental designs in threads of silk, cotton, gold, silver, or other material, upon any woven fabric, leather, paper, etc., with a needle. embroidered work or ornamentation.
What is the importance of embroidery?
Eye-hand coordination, color theory, design and planning skills area all developed by embroidery. These skills easily build academic skills as well by improving fine motor skills, manual dexterity and manipulative skills as well as a working understanding of art and life management skills.